A. File menu open slideshow,thumbnails,rename,delete ,save files etc.
B. Edit can create custom crop selection,insert text,copy/paste/delete.
C. Image have the following:
D. Information: describe image properties like file name,directory,full
path,compression,resolution,original and current size ,print size,original and current colors,number of unique colors,the disk size ,file data and time of loading.
- create new image :select width,height,background color and main colors (black and white,16 colors,256 colors,16 million colors or grayscale).
- IrfanView panorama images:select the picture file and create a panorama .
- send file by email
- capture can get screenshots for the entire desktop or just for the foreground window;you can select a default directory were to save images automatically .
- rotate images left or right
- resize,convert or adjust video colors
- enhance colors
- View graphic effects 3D,oil,edge,sepia,pixelize etc.
E. Options menu contain all the important properties :
- JPG/PCD/GIF contain load in grayscale, auto rotate ,loading size ,play animated gif images
- extensions :ani,bmp,dcx,dds,jpg,jpeg,pcx,png,swf,wma etc.You can select ore deselect all or choose just all images types (because can open some audio and video extensions).
- File handling
- Viewing :set the gamma correction and gamma for BW images .
- full screen options have: show the original size ,fit images to screen, fit to window,stretch all images ,use resample function,apply Alpha blending effect between images or select multiple monitor mode .
- audio and video settings: you can use an external player for audio and video files or play them with IrfanView.If you apply QuickTime , this plug-in will be required .
- available languages (English and Deutsch)
- toolbar were you can check or uncheck whst you want to have on screen, in toolbar.
- miscellaneous features like Ask for save ,Ask for overwrite,warning when exit , show PNG transparent color ,show title in the title bar,ask to rename incorrect extensions(is a good one) and many other features. How is working image resize/resample ? Press Ctrl+R and a new window will appear .Here you see the curent size ,set the new width and height(in pixels,cm or inches),set the new size as a percentage from the original picture size and apply sharpen after resample.In the right you have presets for half ,double,640 x 480 pixels,800 x 600 pixels ..etc until 1600 x 1200 pixels.
It is easy to use and do not need any special computer configuration.Online support can be asked on www.irfanview.com if you can find your solution in the help manual (F1).
Pros:- is simple,easy to use
- can work fast with images (resize,change extensions or image qualities)