Tiny Dhcp service for Windows allows to configure client computers on the network automatically. Randomly generates client IP address from pool, or user may specify fixed client IP address. Many other settings can be changed, too (DNS, WINS servers, lease time, gateway servers, and more).
- IP address - client IP address. You may leave this field blank, and program will generate unique IP address based on server IP, and network mask.
- Subnet mask - a mask for the network.
- Domain name - a domain name.
- Host name - host computer name.
- Gateway - a list of gateways (up to 20 items). Server IP address is used if you left this field blank.
- DNS Servers - a list of DNS servers (up to 20 items).
- WINS Server - a list of WINS servers (up to 20 items).
- Node type - type of node (broadcast, peer-to-peer, mixed, hybrid)
- Lease time - number of minutes of lease time.
- Comment - any text. Comment field is not used for network configuration.
- It acts as a DNS proxy server. It will cache requests to DNS servers made by client computers, so websites will load even faster. Administrators may assign IP address to any domain (similar to standard hosts file), and all client computers will use that settings automatically. Also, administrator may black list any websites.