KaliNews is a very useful and complex utility for writers , journalists , poets etc. It is an editorial word processor to create formatted articles and dedicated to: daily press or magazines writers, content portals writers, freelance journalists and press correspondents.
It is an extremely flexible and customizable piece of software - the same tool can be deployed for writers, freelance journalists or correspondents to harmonize data sent to editors from anywhere.
KaliNews provides original features for newspapers and magazines editorial teams compared to standard word processors like Word or OpenOffice.org
- Use of public and documented XML formats to store stories and also the configuration of the software.
- Flexible and customizable interface: only one XML configuration file to completely handle all functionalities available for the writer, menus and messages definition. Personalization or translation of the software is thus very easy.
- Automatic update of the configuration on remote client workstations by checking the XML configuration file.
- Five possible views for a story: information and synthetic view, integral story, text zoom, photos associated with a story, teleprompter.
- Management of information associated to the story (metadata): date and/or publication number, edition, heading, sub-heading, associated forms, classification plan(taxonomy) , keywords nomenclatures.
- Management of local headings.
- Control of authorized text elements and photos associated with the story according to form types.
- Characters counters foreach text element, characters and words counter for selected text.
- Text copyfit and control for each text element according form selected
- Search tools: based on articles content, on general or local headings, on classification plan
- and much more