Clam AntiVirus is an anti-virus toolkit for UNIX, designed especially for e-mail scanning on mail gateways.ClamAV provides a command line scanner, advanced tool for automatic database updates and a number of utilities including a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon. The core of the package is an anti-virus engine available in a form of shared library.
Built-in support for various archive formats, including Zip, RAR, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, OLE2, Cabinet, CHM, BinHex, SIS and others.
- command-line scanner
- fast, multi-threaded daemon with support for on-access scanning
- milter interface for sendmail
- advanced database updater with support for scripted updates and digital signatures
- virus scanner C library
- on-access scanning (Linux and FreeBSD)
- virus database updated multiple times per day (see home page for total number of signatures)
- built-in support for various archive formats, including Zip, RAR, Tar, Gzip, Bzip2, OLE2, Cabinet, CHM, BinHex, SIS and others
- built-in support for almost all mail file formats
- built-in support for ELF executables and Portable Executable files compressed with UPX, FSG, Petite, NsPack, wwpack32, MEW, Upack and obfuscated with SUE, Y0da Cryptor and others
- built-in support for popular document formats including MS Office and MacOffice files, HTML, RTF and PDF