SpeedCommander is a comfortable file manager. It builds on the proven two window technology and offers a multitude of exclusive features. You will be able to copy, sort, move or erase your files using the keyboard or your mouse.
Proven Two Window Technology:
- displays files and folders in the proven two window technology - source and target of operations are therefore always visible. This ensures a higher productivity compared to Windows Explorer and an extremely fast navigation through files, folders and FTP sites.
- SpeedCommander will offer you many options for moving and copying files. Besides the usual deletion it has a secure deletion compliant to governmental standards. With the integrated Quick View SpeedCommander shows you the content of many file formats. Pictures, videos or music files - SpeedCommander gives you a fast overview for every kind of files. FileSync synchronizes folders, FileSearch finds files and folders on all data mediums.
Extensive Archive Support:
- it makes handling compressed files easy, because they are treated like ordinary folders. Experience direct support for many archive formats as well as compressing and decompressing them without the need for further software. Compression profiles can sum up settings and self-extracting archives make additional software superfluous. Recovery data offers protection against damaged archives.
- ithas a modern Add-In interface, so that additional plugins can be used, enhancing the original functionality. SpeedCommander communicates with the Add-In via the component object model (COM). An Add-In can add functionality in the menu or the toolbars. The Add-Ins also have full access to SpeedCommander's object model. They can open and alter folder windows, as well access their content.
- Add further file systems via the interface for file system Add-Ins into it. Use the WinCeFS Add-In to access PDA devices with ActiveSync. The WfxWrapper Add-In integrates the many file system plugins from Total Commander (wfx).
- Simple tasks can be automated with macros. Macros can use the different objects too, also all script capable components (e.g. several shell objects) can be included. Edit macros easily with the integrated macro editor and check them for possible errors with a script debugger (like Visual Studio).
Enhanced FTP Functions:
- supports various FTP types like FTP via SSH (SFTP) and SSL encrypted FTP. The user just needs to choose a protocol, everything else is done in a transparent way. The support for proxies was expanded noticeably. Supports Socks 4/4a/5 and HTTP connections. The user can choose to compress directory listing and file transfers with MODE Z. Band width limiting keeps your line responsive, if required.
Native 64-bit Version for Windows XP/2003 x64 Edition:
- SpeedCommander is also available as native 64-bit version for Windows XP x64. Only a real 64-bit file manager can access all files on Windows x64. 32-bit applications are rerouted to "WindowsSysWow64" and can't access the folder "WindowsSystem32