With this powerful backup software, you can define multiple backup sessions each having different backup jobs. A backup Job lets you back up a whole disk, a single folder or few selected files. GRBackPro supports network shares, hard drives, CD, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, CD-RW and all removable drives but no Tapes.
You can perform a full backup, an incremental (update) backup or a differential backup (based on the archive attribute bit). You can simply copy your files or compress them inside standard Zip or Zip64 (if your files are bigger than 4GB) archives so that you can easily handle them using any archiver utility.
With the Server Backup edition you can install the software as a Windows Service to have your backups start even if no users are logged in. GRBackPro has an integrated scheduler to make your backup automatically start without your intervention. This new version supports Windows Volume Shadow Copy so that you will be able to backup opened files. Another new feature allows you to handle long path names up to 1024 characters.
- Supports network shares, CD-RW, DVD-RW (packet write software driver is required), fixed and removable drives.
- Tape devices are not supported unless they are visible as a drive letter by Windows.
- Supports network UNC names.
- The Server version can run as a Windows Service process and can logon to any specified account.
- Can span across multiple removable media.
- Supports Unicode file names
- Supports Full, Incremental and Differential backup modes.
- Can include or exclude files or exclude or skip folders.
- Can include all files, older or younger than a specified number of days.
- Supports Windows Volume Shadow Copy.
- Supports long path names supported up to 1024 characters.
- Restore facility is included.
- Restore explorer to easily restore even single files.
- Backup Verify facility.
Execute Task function, before and or after the backup. Supported Tasks are:
- Execute or Close an application, Start or stop a service, Pause, Email a message, Display a message box, End a process.
- Powerful Scheduler is included.
- Wake-Up facility for when the computer is in sleep and a Scheduler event needs to start a backup.
- Support PKZIP 2.0 standard password protection scheme.
- Zip64 zip archive format support.
- Backup Wizard for inexperienced user is included.
- Registry backup history
- Backup History mode
- Backup Split mode
- Backup security attributes on NTFS file systems
- Backup and Restore Simulation to precisely estimate the backup size and test for errors.
- Allows you to copy files or compress them into a single archive or one archive per folder.
- Recreate exactly your source directory structure so that you can easily navigate into the backup archives.
- Synchronize your backup archives with your source files / folders.
- Easy to learn and flexible user interface.
- Backup Wizard to simplify your backup setup.
- Runs in the background and is actionable from the tray icon bar.
- All backup activities are written to a detailed log file.
- Automatic software updater is included so that you are always up to date.
- Integrated form to request support by email.
- A report dialog allows you to view, print and extract the activities.
- Program access password control.