Scilab was designed to be a scientific software package for numerical computations providing a powerful open computing environment for engineering and scientific applications.
Scilab includes hundreds of mathematical functions with the possibility to add interactively programs from various languages (C, C++, Fortran). It has sophisticated data structures (including lists, polynomials, rational functions, linear systems...), an interpreter and a high level programming language.
- -D and 3-D graphics, animation
- Linear algebra, sparse matrices
- Polynomials and rational functions
- Interpolation, approximation
- Simulation: ODE solver and DAE solver
- Xcos: a hybrid dynamic systems modeler and simulator
- Classic and robust control, LMI optimization
- Differentiable and non-differentiable optimization
- Signal processing
- Metanet: graphs and networks
- Parallel Scilab
- Interface with Computer Algebra: Maple package for Scilab code generation
- Interface with Fortran, Tcl/Tk, C, C++, Java, LabVIEW
- And a large number of contributions for various domains