Vuze is a great utility that brings the popular Java-based BitTorrent client to a new level of stability, usability, and speed.
Very actively developed, this latest version includes a new split-window MyTorrents view with support for categories and advanced downloading / seeding / queuing rules for powerful and automated torrent management, a customizable user interface, seeding from read-only media, and significant reductions in resource usage.
The multiplatform Vuze client greatly extends the original python client's feature set, with: managing multiple downloads at once from a single GUI window, detailed real-time download statistics with export to XML, advanced download and seeding management rules, configuration and torrent creation wizards, embedded tracker for easy and automated hosting of your own files, PeerGuardian IP address filtering, web browser and console UIs, 27 available languages, a powerful plugin interface, and much much more.
Also, many useful Vuze plugins are available:
- Auto-adjustment of your upload and download speeds according to your network charge with Autospeed
- Auto-download torrents with RSS Feed Scanner
- Schedule upload and download speed limits with Speed Scheduler
- Receive a mail when a download finishes with Status Mailer
- Add numerous info on torrents (Extra seeding columns, Country Locator)
- Remote control Azureus through the Swing Web Interface or the HTML Web Interface