WinZip Self-Extractor is a useful utility program which creates self-extracting Zip files.
These self-extracting Zip files are ideal for electronic file distribution, because they allow the receiver to use a familiar Windows interface to decompress files without a separate unzip utility.
Additionally, self-extracting Zip files can optionally run a "setup" or "installation" program, provided by the creator, after the files are decompressed.
Support for Advanced Encryption
- Create self-extracting Zip files that contain AES, 128- or 256-bit key, encrypted files.
Additional Compression Method Support
- PPMd and Enhanced Deflate compressed files now supported.
- WinZip Self-Extractor is wizard driven, which simplifies the process of building self-extracting Zip files.
- Easily create and customize your self-extracting Zip files.
Customize software installations
- WinZip Self-Extractor can create self-extracting Zip files for software installation that allow you to customize the self-extracting Zip file's icon and dialog box text, as well as open any file using the application associated with that file on the end-user's machine.
- A self-extracting Zip file created by WinZip Self-Extractor can span multiple removable disks.
Invoke from Start/Run command
- WinZip Self-Extractor can be run from the "Start" menu's "Run" dialog box by simply typing "wzipse32".
Self-extractors for software installation
- WinZip Self-Extractor can create self-extracting Zip files for software installation that can run standard Microsoft-format .INF files as an alternative to "setup" programs, and can clean up files even if the install process involves a reboot.
Issue optional command after unzip
- There is no practical limit on the length of the optional command issued by self-extracting Zip files after the unzip operation completes.
International Language Messages
- Self-extracting Zip files can be created with English or German messages.